Privacy, Confidentiality, and Data Protection Notice
Questions regarding your data?
Humareso takes your personal data seriously. You have a right to request what personal data we contain of yours, as well as the right to request the removal of that data. If your employer is a client of Humareso, we may have a legal basis to retain some data. Please contact your employer for more information.
All staff at Humareso, LLC. (“Humareso”) respect the privacy and confidentiality of the personal data of our job applicants, clients, service providers, and other individuals we interact with while providing our products and services. We are committed to implementing policies, practices, and processes to safeguard the collection, use, and disclosure of the personal data you provide us.
We have developed this Data Protection Notice to assist you in understanding how we collect, use, disclose, process, protect and retain your personal data that is in our possession.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Data
Personal data refers to any information that can uniquely identify an individual person either (a) on its own (e.g., SSN, TIN, etc.) or (b) when combined with other information (e.g., Full Name + Full Address).
We collect your personal data:
- When you apply for a job and seek to be recruited through us
- When you enquire and/or use any of our services;
- When you interact with us on our digital/online platforms;
- When you provide us with goods and services as our service providers
- When you provide feedback to us on our products and services or quality of service
- When you communicate with us via emails or written correspondence
Humareso acts as a processor of your personal data and utilizes third parties to control and maintain your data.
3. Types of Personal Data We Collect About You
The types of personal data we might collect include but are not limited to:
- Mailing address, telephone numbers, email address, and other contact details;
- Resume, educational qualifications, professional qualifications and certifications, and employment references
- Employment and training history
- Salary information and bank account details
- Details of your next-of-kin, spouse, and other family members;
- Work-related health issues and disabilities
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the personal data you provide us for one or more of the following purposes:
- Inform you of possible employment opportunities, relevant candidates, and other services that are of relevance to you and with your consent
- Assessing and evaluating your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within the organization;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your details and other information provided;
- Performing obligations under or in connection with your contract of employment with us, including payment of remuneration and tax;
- All administrative and human resources related matters within our organization, including administering payroll, granting access to our premises and computer systems, processing leave applications, helping your insurance and other benefits, processing your claims and expenses, investigating any acts or defaults (or suspected acts or defaults) and developing human resource policies;
- Managing and terminating our employment relationship with you, including monitoring your internet access and your use of our intranet email to investigate potential contraventions of our internal or external compliance regulations and resolving any employment-related grievances;
- Assessing and evaluating your suitability for employment/appointment or continued employment/appointment in any position within our organization;
- Ensuring business continuity for our organization if your employment with us is or will be terminated;
- Performing obligations under or in connection with the provision of our goods or services to our clients;
- Facilitating any proposed or confirmed merger, acquisition, or business asset transaction involving any part of our organization, or corporate restructuring process
- We are facilitating our compliance with any laws, customs, and regulations which may apply to us.
Whom We Disclose Your Personal Data To
We may disclose some of the personal data you provide us to the following entities or organizations outside Humareso to fulfill our services to you:
- Government Agencies & Regulatory
- Providers of Professional Services such as Auditors, Lawyers, Consultants
- Banks, Payment Card Processing Companies, and other Financial Institutions
- Data Processing and Hosting Companies such as IT Service Providers, Webhosting Companies, and Cloud Service Providers
- Providers of Goods or Services such as Training Providers, Freight and Courier Services
- Clients of Humareso, for the purposes of employment
Where the law requires, we may disclose personal data about you to the relevant authorities or law enforcement agencies.
How We Manage the Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
6.1. Obtaining Consent
Before we collect, use or disclose your data, we will notify you of the purpose of data collection. We will obtain verbal confirmation from you on your expressed consent, with an acknowledgment sent via email/text afterward. We will not collect more personal data necessary for the stated purpose. We will seek fresh approval from you if your original purpose for collecting, using, or disclosing your data has changed.
Legitimate Interests: We may rely on the legitimate interest’s exception to consent in the following circumstances: our organization’s lawful interests. When we rely on this exception, we conduct an assessment as required under law and will provide such documented assessments to PDPC upon request.
6.2. Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw consent, you should give us reasonable advance notice. We will advise you of the likely consequences of your withdrawal of consent, e.g., without your personal contact information, we may not be able to inform you of future employment opportunities with Humareso or with Humareso’s clients.
Your request for withdrawal of consent can take the form of an email to us. To withdraw consent, please send a written request for withdrawal of support via email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com.
How We Ensure the Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we collect about you is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. From time to time, we may do a data verification exercise for you to update us on any changes to the personal data we hold about you. If we are in an ongoing relationship with you, it is essential that you update us on any changes to your data (such as a change in your mailing address).
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We have implemented appropriate information security and technical measures (such as data encryption, firewalls, and secure network protocols) to protect the personal data we hold about you against loss, misuse; destruction; unauthorized alteration/modification, access, disclosure, or similar risks.
We have also put in place reasonable and appropriate organizational measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your data. We will only share your data with authorized persons on a “need to know” basis.
How We Retain Your Personal Data
We have a document retention policy that keeps track of the retention schedules of the personal data you provide us in paper or electronic forms. We will not retain any of your information when it is no longer needed for business or legal purposes.
When the retention limit is reached, we will dispose of or destroy such documents containing your data correctly and securely.
How You Can Access and Make Corrections to Your Personal Data
You may write to us to find out what personal data about you we have in our possession or control and how it may have been used and disclosed by us in the previous year. Before we accept your request, we may need to verify your identity by checking your NRIC or another legal identification document. We will respond to your request as soon as possible or within 30 days from the date we receive your request. If we are unable to do so within 30 days, we will let you know and give you an estimate of how much longer we require. We may also charge you a reasonable fee for the cost involved in processing your access request.
If you find the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or not up-to-date, you may ask us to correct the data. Where we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that a correction should be made, we will update the data as soon as possible or within 30 days from the date we receive your request.
How We Transfer Your Personal Data
Suppose we need to transfer your data to another organization outside of Singapore (e.g., our subsidiaries within Asia). In that case, we will ensure that the recipient country's data protection standard is comparable to that of Singapore’s PDPA. If this is not so, we will enter into a contractual agreement with the receiving party to accord similar levels of data protection as that in Singapore.
If you have any queries or feedback regarding this Data Protection Notice or any complaints you have relating to how we manage your data, you may contact our DPO at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any query or complaint should include at least the following details:
- Your full name and contact information
- Nature of your question of complaint
- Brief description of your question or complaint
We treat such queries and feedback seriously and will deal with them confidentially and within a reasonable time.
Changes to this Data Protection Notice
We may update this Data Protection Notice from time to time. We will notify you of changes by posting the latest Notice on our website. Please visit our website periodically to note any changes.
Changes to this Notice take effect when they are posted on our website.
Effective date: 01/05/2017
Last updated: 09/29/2022